life is life

life is life

Friday, October 7, 2016

A much needed rest

After few months of pressure and stress from work, business, family and politics I have been thinking of renewing my spirit. And the only choice I have is to sleep and dine in a 5 star hotel. (going out of town is not possible because of hectic schedule.) Finally I decided to book in Manila hotel, which is the closest hotel in my area. This is not actually my first time so I don't  feel any excitement at all. I must admit, apart from planes, hotel is also my another outlet of stress in life.

The lobby of Manila hotel is incomparable. I really find it so classy. Lightings are beyond perfection considering the age of this hotel.  Measuring 125 feet (38 m) long by 25 feet (7.6 m) wide, the lobby is lined with white Doric columns. The floor is Philippine marble; the chandeliers are made of brass, crystal and seashells; the furniture is carved out of Philippine mahogany, which is used throughout the hotel.






The hotel has three restaurants, three bars and a delicatessen offering a range of cuisines, from Chinese to European.These are Cafe Ilang-Ilang, Champagne Room, Mabuhay Palace, Tap Room Bar, Lobby Lounge and Pool Bar.


We went straight to the  CafĂ© Ilang Ilang for dinner. Unfortunately the receptionist in told us that they cannot accommodate us due to the numbers of guest they have at that moment. We perfectly understand that because in the first place we don't have a reservation. But instead they advised us to take a table at Tap Room Bar. We were very hungry at that moment. We ordered immediately to the waitress. Since my friend is a Danish, he ordered sandwich and I ordered Filipino food, which is a Sinigang ng sugpo. It took almost an hour before our order arrive. I was so dismayed with what they have served us. I don't know if it is their own definition of QUALITY FOOD for their customers. Considering this is a 5 star hotel with a distinction of LUXURY.
                                                                

The shrimp looks like it was in the freezer for almost a decade already.


And I was shock that the chili was over ripe. At home, when you have a visitor you will never serve food with this kind vegetable as part of the presentation. Seriously, I dunno if I am having a dinner in a carinderia or in a 5 star hotel. With the taste of the food they served us, I have lost my appetite. Never ever try to order Filipino food in this hotel if you don't want to experience this. I feel we were being insulted by this incident.

After that awful dinner I went back to our room. Trying to forget what had happen in that disgusting restaurant. I was staring at the window and contemplating about what life I would have in next few years. The view is great. You can see from our room the Manila Bay and the Manila Harbour Port.

Around 11pm after shower I decided to sleep, then I heard a baby crying. I just found myself scratching my head because of what I heard. Seriously, what happened to this hotel?
With my stay in this hotel, I am really upset and disappointed.

No comments: